This is an exciting time to join ILIAD!
ILIAD is one of the leading telecommunications operators in France, with more than 19 million subscribers, of which nearly 13 million mobile subscribers and more than 6 million Broadband and Ultra-Fast Broadband subscribers.
In early July 2016, ILIAD signed an agreement with the Hutchison and VimpelCom groups, as part of the plan to merge their respective H3G and Wind subsidiaries, with a view to acquiring telecom assets that will enable ILIAD to become the fourth mobile operator in Italy. Both large and highly concentrated, the Italian mobile market is a significant growth opportunity for Iliad. Based on its unique experience acquired in France with the successful launch of a fourth mobile network operator in 2012, ILIAD plans to grow fast and accelerate the digital transition of Italy.
The Accountant, reporting to Chief Accountant, will be in charge of operative accounting operations complying with local and Iliad policies.
• Governance and accountability for journal entries booking in general ledger, accounts payable/ (incl. invoice scanning), travel expenses, account reconciliation, intercompany processes, fixed assets and all other accounting related matters.
• Supporting VAT/Intrastat monthly/periodic reconciliation and filing.
• Partner with Chief Accountant on local statutory requirements and reporting + tax matters to ensure accurate financial statements.
• Support all the other functions on any fiscal / financial-related matters.
• At least 2 years of accounting experience, preferably gained working for a medium / large international company in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Knowledge of IFRS GAAP, statutory fillings and statutory audit requirements.
• Hands-on, proactive, results-driven and able to set and rapidly shift priorities.
• Advance knowledge in Excel.
• Good knowledge of English and experience in accounting area are mandatory. French is a plus.