IT Expert – Mediation and Web Server Administrator and Designer
|Reference:||IT, Web Server Admin and Design|
This is an exciting time to join ILIAD!
ILIAD is one of the leading telecommunications operators in France, with more than 19 million subscribers, of which nearly 13 million mobile subscribers and more than 6 million Broadband and Ultra-Fast Broadband subscribers. At December 31, 2016, it had market shares of 24% for Broadband and Ultra-Fast Broadband and 18% for mobile. In 2016, the Group continued its profitable growth trajectory, generating over €4.7 billion in revenues – up 7% on 2015.
In early July 2016, ILIAD signed an agreement with the Hutchison and VimpelCom groups, as part of the plan to merge their respective H3G and Wind subsidiaries, with a view to acquiring telecom assets that will enable ILIAD to become the fourth mobile operator in Italy. Both large and highly concentrated, the Italian mobile market is a significant growth opportunity for Iliad. Based on its unique experience acquired in France with the successful launch of a fourth mobile network operator in 2012, ILIAD plans to grow fast and accelerate the digital transition of Italy.
The role we are recruiting is located in Rome and is responsible for operating and maintaining the infrastructure supporting the fulfillment of mandatory services towards authorities,
• Administrate the mediation system, identify, troubleshoote and resolve technical issues related to the application, server, system
• Perform system health check and monitoring.
• Identify and improve Unix operation processes & procedures by automation.
• Administrate the Web Server, design and code new functionalities in Web System.
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux Red Hat
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Experience in Oracle and/or MySQL DBA administration
• High level of computer working with MS Office, Internet applications
• Experience in Web Server administration and design, proven software development experience in writing PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
• Honest, trustworthy and discreet
• Ability to work occasional off hours as well as part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Education: Associate's degree in Telecommunication/Computer Science, or high school graduation
Preferred: prior work experience in Telecommunication companies, middle/basic technical knowledge of Mobile Networks architecture and services.